CMN is the premier online network for more than 500 college newspapers. CMN-powered sites are programmed by students and provide their college communities with a constant connection to all that is happening locally, in their campus bubble, and at colleges across the nation, including:
- Campus headlines
- Sports news, events and scores
- University events, social calendars, and more
- Campus editorial and opinions
Between football season, March Madness and the on-campus coverage of national stories as they break, college writers and editors produce exclusive content that is both created by students and to be consumed by students.
CMN is an incubator of diverse student journalism providing a unique perspective on major issues through the eyes of today’s youth.
CMN represents access to the next generation of reporters, photographers, editors, bloggers, ad sales execs, and commercial operations staff.
News content can be packaged together for large news aggregators and prioritized to showcase relevant local voices on a variety of topics (e.g. campus news events, political activism, sports, etc).
540+ campus newspaper affiliates reaching roughly 7mm monthly visitors (including students, faculty, alumni and the local community of each college).
CMN offers national and local advertisers the chance to reach college students through a powerful media brand in their lives
- 17.4mm college students nationwide (1)
- 83% of students read their college newspaper versus 43% for national newspapers (1)
- 82% of all students rank the editorial content of the paper as important or very important to the campus community (2)
College students spend more than $100bn annually and are the arbiters of “cool” influencing both older and younger through strong brand evangelism and loyalty (3)
- (1) Student Monitor, Spring 2008
- (2) Alloy Media and Marketing / MORI Research, 2008 College Newspaper Audience Study
- (3) MTV’s Courting the College Consumer Study 2008