1. As the World Turns by Black Uhuru – Derrick “Duckie” Simpson stamps his classic sound and lyrics from earlier embodiments on this album. This feel-good body of work also shows his stance on social justice.
2. Reggae Forever by Etana – Known as ‘The Strong One’, Etana dominates how to imbue dancehall, soul and R&B on her latest album. Positivity, hope, self-love, relationships, and freedom are themes packed into this 14 track body of work.
3. Rebellion Rises by Ziggy Marley – In his seventh studio album, Ziggy Marley wants his listeners to get involved. This project serves as a wake-up call for humanity through Marley’s prominent voice, calling for all rebels to unite for a cause.
4. A Matter of Time by Protoje – Debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Reggae Album chart, Protoje presents a fusion of hip hop, jazz,dancehall, and reggae on this accomplished album. The reggae artist has made himself a powerful entity in the music business.
5. 44/876 by Sting & Shaggy – Imagine Sting singing on a reggae track- now you don’t have to! The collaborative album’s title meaning refers to the country calling code for the United Kingdom and the North American area code for Jamaica, the home countries of the two artists. There is a perfect balance of what Shaggy and Sting equally bring to the table on this project.
Who Will Win:
Ziggy Marley would get my vote to win Best Reggae Album because his Rebellion Rises album went in a different direction from his previous albums and has shown us he is constantly evolving. His ability to adapt to the times we are living in and encourage people to act on issues through his music is something that strikes as inspiring.
Who Should Win:
Ziggy. Enough said.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.
California Will Require All of Its Public Universities to Offer the Abortion Pill On Campus
The Golden State expands women's healthcare choices on campus.
California Becomes the 1st State to Make HIV Prevention Drugs Available Over-The-Counter
The Golden State progresses towards reducing HIV/AIDS.
California Will Allow Its Own Cities and Counties To Open Their Own Public Banks
The Golden State alongside North Dakota leads the way in public banking.
Abortion Fully Decriminalized Across The Nation of Australia
The country's most populous state is giving women choices in healthcare.
Meet The Young People Against Socialism in America
A new conservative youth group takes on the rise of American socialism.
Meet the Progressive Rugby Player and Veteran Taking on the Democratic Establishment in New York
This Queens candidate wants to put his community first.
This Progressive Truck Driver is Challenging a Democratic Incumbent in Washington State
This young working class truck driver is taking on the Democratic Party establishment in Olympia, Washington.
The State of Maine Will Use Ranked-Choice Voting for Future Presidential Elections
The Pine Tree State progresses towards more electoral reform.