1. As the World Turns by Black Uhuru – Derrick “Duckie” Simpson stamps his classic sound and lyrics from earlier embodiments on this album. This feel-good body of work also shows his stance on social justice.
2. Reggae Forever by Etana – Known as ‘The Strong One’, Etana dominates how to imbue dancehall, soul and R&B on her latest album. Positivity, hope, self-love, relationships, and freedom are themes packed into this 14 track body of work.
3. Rebellion Rises by Ziggy Marley – In his seventh studio album, Ziggy Marley wants his listeners to get involved. This project serves as a wake-up call for humanity through Marley’s prominent voice, calling for all rebels to unite for a cause.
4. A Matter of Time by Protoje – Debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Reggae Album chart, Protoje presents a fusion of hip hop, jazz,dancehall, and reggae on this accomplished album. The reggae artist has made himself a powerful entity in the music business.
5. 44/876 by Sting & Shaggy – Imagine Sting singing on a reggae track- now you don’t have to! The collaborative album’s title meaning refers to the country calling code for the United Kingdom and the North American area code for Jamaica, the home countries of the two artists. There is a perfect balance of what Shaggy and Sting equally bring to the table on this project.
Who Will Win:
Ziggy Marley would get my vote to win Best Reggae Album because his Rebellion Rises album went in a different direction from his previous albums and has shown us he is constantly evolving. His ability to adapt to the times we are living in and encourage people to act on issues through his music is something that strikes as inspiring.
Who Should Win:
Ziggy. Enough said.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.
Washington Becomes First State to Have a Public Insurance Option
The Evergreen State is going to compete in the healthcare insurance market.
Serious Controversies Ensew Turning Point USA at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Controversies ranging from racism to assault plague UNLV.
West Virginia Makes their Public Community Colleges Tuition Free for In-State Residents
The Mountain State is helping out its youth and their futures.