The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), the premier national nonprofit organization dedicated to developing the next generation of Latino leaders, is accepting applications from college students and recent graduates for the 2022 spring, summer and fall edition of its fast-paced, hands-on paid internship program on Capitol Hill, according to a recent press release.
Students will gain invaluable experience in embarking on careers in public service. Interns work closely with Hall staffers, policy experts, and elected officials tackling the nation’s most urgent challenges impacting the Latino community. Real-world experience in Congress will be enhanced by weekly programming sessions with CHCI.
In addition to participating in a graduate-level non-credit course in public policy, presented by the Cisneros Leadership Institute and Trachtenberg School of Public Policy, interns will meet with Latino leaders in a variety of sectors, engage in important conversations about identity and Latinx culture, visit different sites within Washington, D.C., and explore different aspects of public policy.
Program benefits include:
• Connecting with powerful Latino leaders from a wide range of professional backgrounds, from Capitol Hill and Fortune 500 companies to NGOs and nonprofits that support Latino education and leadership development
• Growing and expanding professional networks to include more than 4,100 members of the CHCI Alumni Association from across the country and Puerto Rico
• Committing to civic engagement, including group and individual service projects to give back to the D.C. community
Additional benefits include:
• Congressional office placement
• Stipend of $3,750 (Fall/Spring), $3,125 (Summer)
• Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
• All-expenses covered housing
• Leadership training and development
• Metro transportation benefits
• Health insurance, with premiums covered by CHCI
Program Dates and Deadlines for 2022:
• Spring 2022 Internship (12 weeks): Program Dates: January 24 – April 15, 2022. Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
• Summer 2022 Internship (10 weeks): Program Dates: May 31 – August 5, 2022. Application Deadline: December 1, 2021 (standing deadline)
• Fall 2022 Internship (12 weeks): Program Dates: August 29 – November 18, 2022. Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
To learn more and apply, prospective interns can visit chci.org/programs.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.