CFA Institute, the global association of investment professionals, has launched a new edition of its CFA Institute Investment Foundations® Certificate (“Investment Foundations Certificate”), a self-paced online certificate-level program that provides the global workforce with a clear understanding of how the global investment industry works, according to a recent press release.
The Investment Foundations Certificate is designed for non-investment professionals who work or seek to work in marketing, communications, sales, HR, IT, legal and compliance roles at investment organizations, such as firms in asset management, private equity, real estate, or venture capital.
The Investment Foundations Certificate covers foundational concepts about the investment industry, including its purpose, structure, key functions, roles and responsibilities, commonly used vocabulary, investment types, ethical considerations, financial regulation, and more. It also enables professionals, or those aspiring to get a job in the industry, with an ability to think critically, ask the right questions, and ultimately open doors to roles in the industry.
The major benefits of the Investment Foundations Certificate for participants:
• Job seekers without a finance background, as well as undergraduate students, who aspire to work in the industry will learn the foundational components, increasing their financial literacy and skillset.
• Learners who pass the assessments will be issued with a digital certificate and badge, which can be used to demonstrate knowledge and understanding on resumes/CVs and social-media career profile platforms.
• Learners for whom English is a second language may find the Investment Foundations Certificate helpful in mastering core investment industry concepts in English.
Margaret Franklin, CFA, President and CEO, CFA Institute, comments: “Our vision for CFA Institute is to be where the investment industry comes to skill, upskill, and reskill, which is why we are so excited to bring this new version of the Investment Foundations Certificate to the market. The program will enable participants to communicate more effectively, apply critical thinking to their work, and collaborate more effectively with colleagues in investment teams based on shared knowledge. Employers are now seeking a broader skillset amongst their workforce, and the Investment Foundations Certificate can offer the foundational content that individuals will need, whether already in the industry, or working towards their first role.”
What does the course of study involve?
• Through 60-90 hours of online study over 12 months, the Investment Foundations Certificate provides learners with the essential investment industry concepts in a low-stakes study environment.
• New content on Decentralized Finance, Financial Technology, ESG Investing, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Practice, draws on CFA Institute research, policy, and standards to inform the materials.
The Investment Foundations Certificate is refreshed with entirely new topics, course structure and an optimized learning experience. It is made up of six self-paced interactive courses, each delivered through modules that include interactive text graphs, images, video, discussion prompts, and assessments to deliver a compact, modern, and highly accessible learning environment.
The course topics are:
• Course 1: Industry Overview and Structure
• Course 2: Types and Functioning of Markets
• Course 3: Investment Instruments
• Course 4: Investment Inputs and Tools
• Course 5: Serving Clients Needs
• Course 6: Serving the Greater Good
For the full Investment Foundations Certificate details, visit: https://investmentfoundations.cfainstitute.org/.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.