A family of four from Iowa, who suffocated from toxic gas inhalation, has been found dead in their vacation condo located in the Tulum, Mexico area. Kevin and Amy Sharp with their two children Sterling and Adrianna arrived in Mexico on Wednesday, March 14. Amy texted her mother “We made it to our condo” told Renee Hoyt to the Creston News Advertiser.
The family was scheduled to come back to the U.S. on Wednesday, March 21. When their relatives did not hear from them, they reported the Sharps’ family missing to the Creston police around midnight, Thursday. Creston Police Chief Paul Ver Meer said the investigation determined that the family had not boarded the flight from Cancun, Mexico to the United States. Creston Police contacted the U.S. State Department along with officials in Mexico. Officials found the bodies in the condo during a welfare check.
The four bodies of Kevin, 41, Amy 38, 12-year-old son Sterling and 7-year-old daughter Adrianna, were found in advanced state of decomposition. Prosecutors from the Quintana Roo state said that the pathologists determined that the family had probably been dead for 36 to 48 hours before they were discovered on Friday. They also were not able to determine which substance they inhaled. The bodies of the children were found in the living room and the bodies of Kevin and Amy was located in the bedroom. Local authorities’ states that there were no signs of foul play or signs of violence in the crime scene and were able to rule out suicide.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Puerto Rico in the Midst of Another Power Outage
Citizens in Puerto Rico experience yet another power outage months after hurricanes Irma and Maria
Let’s Bern One: Sanders to Back Bill on Bad Marijuana Laws
Bernie Sanders and other senators want you to be able to “bern up” recreationally, and here’s how!