On Monday morning four people were hospitalized for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester, Tenn.
According to reports, the victims were all paramedics working out of a generator powered recreational vehicle at the festival. Investigation of the incident appears to show that the exhaust of the generator was blocked, which likely resulted in the build up of carbon monoxide within the vehicle.
One paramedic was able to call for help. Three of the victims were airlifted to a nearby hospital, while one was driven by ambulance.
The identities and conditions of the four victims have not yet been released.
Coffee County Sheriff’s Office reports that there were 37 hospitalizations from the festival as of Monday, June 11. Only one death has been reported at this year’s festival.
If you obsess over singers and bands, and are one of those people who make a playlist for every occasion, join CMN’s Music Journalism Course and get real-time experience, intense feedback on your writing, exposure to music industry insiders, and a great place to display build your portfolio. Get all the details on the Music Journalism Course here.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Temple University Professor Marc Lamont Hill Faces More Trouble Over U.N. Speech
The Temple University professor is under fire from Temple for a U.N. speech critical of Israel.
Michael Bloomberg Donates $1.8 Billion to Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg's gift is one of the largest ever donations to higher education, but it hasn't garnered the praise that the...
Betsy DeVos Reinterprets Title IX: Victims Must Bear the Burden of Proof
Opponents of the policy say that it would favor the accused over the accuser.
This Heartwarming Story Turned out to be too Good to be True
Couple who decided they wanted to do the right thing by raising money for a homeless man turned out to...