Get Access to Financial Literacy Resources with Cengage Unlimited
If you’re a college student, finances are probably high on your list of worries. You’re battling paying for tuition, room and board, textbooks, and having money for activities with friends. By now, if you haven’t heard of Cengage Unlimited, this could be the tool you’ve been waiting on.
This subscription service has saved college students hundreds of dollars on their textbooks with access to thousands of online resources. According to a recent press release, even more is coming with a subscription to Cengage Unlimited: free financial literacy resources.
We all know student debt is growing… and college students report that finances are one of the things they worry about most (not to mention the worries of their parents). Cengage is taking its service to the next level by helping college students “be better prepared for the world outside their classrooms.”
The six financial literacy tutorials included in a subscription are:
- Common Credit Terms: these helpful definitions will point you in the right directions when it comes to understanding terms like “annual percentage rate” and “interest rate”
- Managing Student Loans: there are many different loans available; what’s the difference?
- Taking Control of Your Credit Cards: we all know that credit card companies prey on college students; this tutorial tells you everything you need to know about being responsible with credit cards
- Spending Less Money: obvious and not-so-obvious ways to save
- Saving an Emergency Fund: how much money should you save in order to consider it an “emergency fund?”
- Organizing Financial Paperwork: tips for keeping organized to stay on budget
Financial literacy tutorials aren’t all that’s included in a Cengage Unlimited subscription. Activities revolving around career support, college success, time management, and goal setting are also offered. Students can use these resources to assess their skills and build their resume. And if you’re thinking that’s a lot to be offered in a single subscription, you’ll be interested to hear that it also includes access to resources and services from Dashlane, Evernote, Kaplan, Quizlet and Chegg.
Cengage Unlimited launched in the fall of 2018. Since then, more than one million subscriptions have been sold. Student savings are expected to reach $160 million by the end of this academic year. If you don’t have a subscription to Cengage Unlimited, you’re missing out on endless opportunities to be successful!
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.