Harry Styles’ tour may have ended a few months ago; however, on a ten month tour with 90 tour dates (one of which I attended here in NYC). On tour, he started a movement called, “Treat People with Kindness.”
With around 89 sold out shows (according to Variety), and a little under a million tickets sold, it does not surprise me that he donated $1.2 Million to various charities.
According to Live Nation, Harry Styles did this:
- First arena tour to sell out through Ticketmaster’s new Verified Fan program, with the first leg selling out in 29 seconds
- The second of the two final shows at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., tallied more than 17,000 paid tickets and beat the record for most paid tickets for a single show since the venue reopened in 2014
- Merchandise records set in over 50 venues in North and South America, Australia and Europe
His tour impacted:
- Registered hundreds of new voters via Headcount
- Made a major effort for water conservation that:
-saved the equivalent of 10,000 single-use water bottles by fans and 3,200 by the band and crew
-recycled more than 6,500 gallons of water from buses, offices, dressing rooms and other backstage areas
-led to more than 5,000 direct connections between fans and the local charities
According to Harry’s Website, he donated to local charities like, March for Our Lives, Times Up, Donors Choose, City Year Boston, and many more.
Check out Harry’s website, to see the other places that he donated to.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.
Illinois Will Now Mandate LGBTQIA+ History Curriculum to be Taught in Public schools
The land of Lincoln is becoming more inclusive in its curriculum.
U.S. Teen Birth Rate Starting to Decline Nationwide
As the country's birth rate stagnates or declines, so does teen birth rates.
North Carolin Governor Blocks Public Funds for LGBTQIA+ Conversion Therapy By Executive Order
State or Federal funds will be impacted by executive order.
Poll: Almost 40% of College and University Undergraduates Nationwide Favor Socialism
Socialism is slowly rising amongst college youth.
California Bans Discrimination Based on Natural Hairstyles
The Golden State is combating discrimination based on appearance.
The Supreme Court Determines the Fate of Political Representation
The country's high court determines the future of representation.