Harry Styles’ tour may have ended a few months ago; however, on a ten month tour with 90 tour dates (one of which I attended here in NYC). On tour, he started a movement called, “Treat People with Kindness.”
With around 89 sold out shows (according to Variety), and a little under a million tickets sold, it does not surprise me that he donated $1.2 Million to various charities.
According to Live Nation, Harry Styles did this:
- First arena tour to sell out through Ticketmaster’s new Verified Fan program, with the first leg selling out in 29 seconds
- The second of the two final shows at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif., tallied more than 17,000 paid tickets and beat the record for most paid tickets for a single show since the venue reopened in 2014
- Merchandise records set in over 50 venues in North and South America, Australia and Europe
His tour impacted:
- Registered hundreds of new voters via Headcount
- Made a major effort for water conservation that:
-saved the equivalent of 10,000 single-use water bottles by fans and 3,200 by the band and crew
-recycled more than 6,500 gallons of water from buses, offices, dressing rooms and other backstage areas
-led to more than 5,000 direct connections between fans and the local charities
According to Harry’s Website, he donated to local charities like, March for Our Lives, Times Up, Donors Choose, City Year Boston, and many more.
Check out Harry’s website, to see the other places that he donated to.
Are you looking for digital journalism training and experience? Are you a journalism major who wants to take your career to the next level? CMN’s Digital Journalism course gives you real-time experience, intense feedback on your writing, exposure to journalism influencers and mentors, and a great place to display your work. You can get academic credit too. Check out the Digital Journalism Course here.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Microsoft Co-Founder and Seattle Area Sports Owner Paul Allen Dead at 65 From Cancer
The technology giant passed away after his cancer returned.
Judge Tosses Stormy Daniels Defamation Lawsuit Against Donald Trump
This dismissal may not be the end, according to Daniels' attorney.
Bernie Sanders Literally Saved Someone from a Possible Car Accident in Washington, D.C.
Bernie Sanders helps a young musician and law student from a possible car accident.
Amy Schumer and Emily Ratajkowski Amongst Many Arrested at Capitol Hill ‘No Kavanaugh’ Protest
The final vote on Kavanaugh could come as early as this weekend, and these women are not backing down.