A McDonald’s in Alberta has issued an apology to a pregnant woman who was served cleaning solution instead of a latte on Sunday morning.
Sarah Douglas says she stopped at the McDonald’s drive-through for a latte on her way to her son’s baseball tournament. It wasn’t until she was already on the highway that she took a sip of the drink.
“I immediately had to put my hazard lights on and pull over and spit it out and rinse my mouth out with … water,” Douglas told Canadian Broadcasting Corp. “I opened up the lid of the coffee and out pours this pungent smell of chemical. It wasn’t a latte at all.”
When Douglas returned to the restaurant to complain she was told that the machine was hooked up to two lines of cleaning solution and apparently was not taken off before her latte was ordered. According to Douglas, one of the workers inside the restaurant appeared upset because this was not the first time this had happened.
Douglas is seven months pregnant with her third child, which makes the incident even scarier. She immediately contacted Alberta Health Services’, poison control, and her doctor. Since she hadn’t swallowed the liquid she was determined to be OK.
The franchise’s owner, Dan Brown, released a statement on Wednesday about the incident.
As a mother, Douglas spoke out about the incident to raise more awareness for customer safety, especially children who could be affected by apparent negligence.
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.
Washington Becomes First State to Have a Public Insurance Option
The Evergreen State is going to compete in the healthcare insurance market.
Serious Controversies Ensew Turning Point USA at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Controversies ranging from racism to assault plague UNLV.
West Virginia Makes their Public Community Colleges Tuition Free for In-State Residents
The Mountain State is helping out its youth and their futures.