I own a t-shirt that has a tweet by Kanye West printed on it: “I understand that you don’t like me but you need to understand that I don’t care.”
This post by Mr. West perfectly describes his attitude towards Twitter. His tweets can be controversial, crazy, weird, maddening, and/or vague, but they can also be downright hilarious and entertaining. Some of his funniest tweets from way back in 2010 have stood the test of time. Let’s call it Kanye West’s Twitter Golden Age.
- September 2010: “Man…ninjas are kind of cool…I just don’t know any personally.” He is spot on about ninjas because they are really cool. Now, I wish I actually knew one. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with a ninja?
- October 2010: “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.” In a similar observation, I always hate receiving the abundance of ice that goes with the complimentary beverage. Now, I have to be responsible for all this ice in my cup before we land. I feel you Yeezy.
- August 2010: “Fur pillows are hard to actually to sleep on.” This is good advice if I am ever in the market for new pillows. I will definitely think twice about making a fur pillow purchase next time I’m at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
- August 2010: “Do you know where to find marble conference tables? I’m looking to have a conference…not until I get the table though.” Yes, Mr. West, I wholeheartedly agree that the most important part of any conference are the tables. The theme and keynote speaker of any conference is irrelevant, if the tables are not marble. I am wondering if he was planning a conference about marble conference tables? Hmm…
- July 2010: “I specifically ordered persian rugs with cherub imagery!!! What do I have to do to get a simple persian rug with cherub imagery uuuugggh.” I am thinking at the time of this tweet that Kanye had not been introduced to a little site called Etsy. I bet that site definitely had someone selling persian rugs with cherub imagery. That is such a popular kind of rug when you think about it.
I believe that Ye had a future as a stand-up comedian based upon some of his early tweets. Although he did eventually address this possibility in another tweet. “I could never do stand up cause I tell jokes better when I’m sitting.” Even Kanye throws a dud out there every once in a while.
Yet, I really do miss the old Kanye. He was a pretty funny dude.
If you obsess over singers and bands, and are one of those people who make a playlist for every occasion, join CMN’s Music Journalism Course and get real-time experience, intense feedback on your writing, exposure to music industry insiders, and a great place to display build your portfolio. Get all the details on the Music Journalism Course here.
Washington Becomes First State to Have a Public Insurance Option
The Evergreen State is going to compete in the healthcare insurance market.
Serious Controversies Ensew Turning Point USA at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Controversies ranging from racism to assault plague UNLV.