If you are a journalism major, you can pretty much stop reading right now.
ShanghaiRanking recently completed a study of over 1600 universities across 83 countries to come up with its Global Ranking of Mathematics 2018 . In effect, the ranking finds the best universities in the world to study math.
The methodology involves surveying professors and uses academic journals as one of the main criteria. So take that for what it’s worth, but it’s still fun to look at the list. The school’s total Shanghai Ranking score is listed.
15. Stony Brook University — 229.5
14. University of Wisconsin–Madison — 230.6
13. The University of Texas at Austin — 232.6
12. Harvard University — 237
11. University of Warwick, United Kingdom — 243.2
10. University of California, Berkeley — 243.9
9. Paris-Sorbonne University, France — 254.4
8. UCLA — 264
7. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom — 266.7
6. MIT — 274.4
5. New York University — 276.4
4. Oxford University, United Kingdom — 278.4
3. Stanford University — 283.7
2. University of Paris-Sud, France — 291.1
1. Princeton University — 349.5
Jumpstart a career doing something you are passionate about with one of College Media Network’s courses. Read about our current offerings, schedule and unique virtual learning environment here.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
West Virginia Makes their Public Community Colleges Tuition Free for In-State Residents
The Mountain State is helping out its youth and their futures.
Here’s What We Know So Far About Operation Varsity Blues
A summary and the latest updates about the largest college admissions scandal to hit the country.