If you are a journalism major, you can pretty much stop reading right now.
ShanghaiRanking recently completed a study of over 1600 universities across 83 countries to come up with its Global Ranking of Mathematics 2018 . In effect, the ranking finds the best universities in the world to study math.
The methodology involves surveying professors and uses academic journals as one of the main criteria. So take that for what it’s worth, but it’s still fun to look at the list. The school’s total Shanghai Ranking score is listed.
15. Stony Brook University — 229.5
14. University of Wisconsin–Madison — 230.6
13. The University of Texas at Austin — 232.6
12. Harvard University — 237
11. University of Warwick, United Kingdom — 243.2
10. University of California, Berkeley — 243.9
9. Paris-Sorbonne University, France — 254.4
8. UCLA — 264
7. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom — 266.7
6. MIT — 274.4
5. New York University — 276.4
4. Oxford University, United Kingdom — 278.4
3. Stanford University — 283.7
2. University of Paris-Sud, France — 291.1
1. Princeton University — 349.5
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Immigration Officials Are Denying Green Cards and Visas Whenever They Want
An almost undetectable policy change has made drastic differences.
Analysis: Trump Administration Still Wants to Separate Immigrant Families
The Flores settlement is in the spotlight as children remain apart from their parents.
Toyota Recalls Over One Million or More Hybrids Due to Fire Risk
Toyota is under pressure after over a million vehicles were recalled.