If you are a journalism major, you can pretty much stop reading right now.
ShanghaiRanking recently completed a study of over 1600 universities across 83 countries to come up with its Global Ranking of Mathematics 2018 . In effect, the ranking finds the best universities in the world to study math.
The methodology involves surveying professors and uses academic journals as one of the main criteria. So take that for what it’s worth, but it’s still fun to look at the list. The school’s total Shanghai Ranking score is listed.
15. Stony Brook University — 229.5
14. University of Wisconsin–Madison — 230.6
13. The University of Texas at Austin — 232.6
12. Harvard University — 237
11. University of Warwick, United Kingdom — 243.2
10. University of California, Berkeley — 243.9
9. Paris-Sorbonne University, France — 254.4
8. UCLA — 264
7. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom — 266.7
6. MIT — 274.4
5. New York University — 276.4
4. Oxford University, United Kingdom — 278.4
3. Stanford University — 283.7
2. University of Paris-Sud, France — 291.1
1. Princeton University — 349.5
Are you looking for digital journalism training and experience? Are you a journalism major who wants to take your career to the next level? CMN’s Digital Journalism course gives you real-time experience, intense feedback on your writing, exposure to journalism influencers and mentors, and a great place to display your work. You can get academic credit too. Check out the Digital Journalism Course here.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Electoral Reform and Voting Rights Expansion Won Big in the Midterms
From Florida to Michigan, voting rights expansions and electoral reform are making gains.
First FDA Approved Cannabis-Based Drug Available for Prescription
CBD has been known to treat seizures for years, but now the FDA is on board, making it legal for...