As many may know by now, YouTube has been under fire for their lack of response towards Logan Paul’s disgusting video which included images of a body of someone who had apparently killed themselves in Japan’s “suicide forest,” but today they wrote an open letter to their followers on Twitter.
The statement said.. “Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently,” the statement begins. “You’re right to be. You deserve to know what’s going on. Like many others, we were upset by the video that was shared last week,” the statement continues. “Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views. As Anna Akana put it perfectly: ‘That body was a person someone loved. You do no walk into a suicide forest with a camera and claim mental health awareness. We expect more of the creators who build their community on @YouTube, as we’re sure you do too. The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at further consequences,” the open letter concludes. “It’s taken us a long time to respond, but we’ve been listening to everything you’ve been saying. We know that the actions of one creator can affect the entire community, so we’ll have more to share soon on steps we’re taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again.”
With a petition on Change.org, the community demanded his YouTube channel be deleted, and this had over 450,000 signatures Wednesday morning.
Though the dead man’s face was blurred out and a disclaimer was posted at the beginning of the video, many viewers said that Paul should never have posted the video in the first place. Paul later posted a video apologizing for his actions, and stated that he would take a break from social media. Since posting his apology, Paul has not shared any more content on his social-media channels. With Paul’s fan base of more than 15.5 million subscribers, his YouTube consists largely of young children. This is the last thing we want to be showing our children.
Sign up for the Morning Scoop
Women Accuse Morgan Freeman of Harassment and Inappropriate Behavior
Morgan Freeman is the newest actor accused of harassment by multiple women.
UPDATE: NFL Announces New National Anthem Policy
Players will be allowed to remain in the locker room, but fines will result from kneeling on the field.